Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Red, Yellow and Black...Just For Fun Stamps Challenge #5



Here is my entry for the Just For Fun Stamps Challenge #5. I hope you like it. I used Gina K. Designs card stock for the card and the base layer. The top layer of the card is paper from Scrapperdashery the Shakespeare, Romeo and Juilet design. I ran this through my cuttlebug with a folder for dimension and then shaded with Ranger Vintage Photo Ink. The flower is a Sunflower Die from Spellbinders cut out of Watercolor Paper. I find that watercolor paper really takes the Inks well.
I sponged the flower with Ranger Ink....Wild Honey, Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany and the center of the Sunflower is Crystal Lacquer to make it shiney. The saying is from Flourishes stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.


Well ladies, its back to the picket fence for me again today. I only paint about 2 hours a day and it's going to take a long time! The temps here are supposed to be 86degrees today. Warm to say the least!

4 comments:

Starla said...

I have had my eye on that sunflower die for a while, you may have just convinced me that I NEED it!! Love all the texture and the center shine of the flower!! Glad you were able to play along with us this week!

Wendy said...

So pretty! I think I have that Cuttlebug folder, but my cards never turn out this gorgeous. You're a pro!

Beate said...

Glenda, your background and flower are beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Sherry Cheever said...

Glenda this is beautiful! I also love how watercolor paper embosses with the SB dies!!!