Friday, July 2, 2010

Just For Fun Color Challenge #18

Good morning my friends!  It is Friday in case you didn't realize that!  Now we all know that everyone, including me KNOWS when it is Friday and the beginning of the weekend!    Since it is Friday, it is again time for another Color Challenge from Just For Fun Stamps!  Come play along with us.....just use these colors and your JFF stamps and create a card or project.  It is OK if you don't have any Just For Fun Stamps yet, just use what you have.  To inspire you to play, the wonderful people over at JFF are giving you a little incentive this week...a $50  Shopping Spree will be given to the winner of this week's challenge!  You have to spend it all at one time....if you don't, it will not be carried over.  How's that for incentive?


My card this week was made using the JFF stamp #A988 Sea Grass.    Now I have to tell you right off the bat, I struggled with these colors!  Purple is not one of my favorites and I used a different shade of blue but this works for this card.  I stamped the Sea Grass with Ranger distress Ink in Dusty Concord and  Stormy Sky and used a cotton ball to add color to the background area in Bundled Sage (I think).  I cut out the image using my Spellbinders Dies (squares) and added the green color while it was still in the die, thus giving the white border.  Then I cut a green mat and a black mat and then used the Fluer-De-Lis Spellbinder Die in white then another layer of green and black.  The base card is white.  Lots of layers!  Lots of cutting!  Whew!!  I have to admit, I get a little lazy when it comes to all these layers, but I do love the look....so I did all that work just for you!!  Now let's see what you create!  Remember, if you win, there is $50 of product just waiting for you!

Once you have your creation, just go the JFF Blog jffstamps.typepad.com/jffstamps/ and link to your card/project using the link at the bottom of the Challenge entry.  Good luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with.  You might also like to click on the names of Design Team Members listed on the right hand side of this blog  to visit the Blogs of the other Design Team Members and see what they created.  There is a huge amount of talent on this team and I promise you will not be disappointed!
Supply List: 
JFF Stamps
Gina K Designs Card Stock (Fresh Asparagus, Black Onyx, and White)
Spellbinders Dies
Dimensionals
Ranger Distress Inks

Have a wonderful weekend; a Holiday one at that!  Happy Fourth of July!

7 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Just beautiful and I love how you've used the pendant die.

Starla said...

This has a beautiful, elegant look to it!! I love how you use the pendant dies!

Broni said...

This is so serene and pretty, Glenda. It could be used for just about any occasion!

Margarita Ybarra said...

That Fleur de Lis pendant is one of my favorites, I love the border too!

Terre said...

Glenda, pretty card, love the Spellbinders..hmmm oh yeah I work for them he he, glad to see you love them too. Wow I can't believe how many of you don't like purple...hmmm I love it. Great job.

Beate said...

Beautiful card, even if it has purple in it.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

This card is both elegant and pretty... I love how you used your Spellbinders dies!