Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Fall.....

Good morning ladies, I hope you are beginning to open your eyes and face the weekend.  When I worked all I got to do on the weekend was Suzy Homemaker stuff!  Now I love them, because I can do what I want, when I want.  Nothing like a little independence!

I want to share a card today, using some of the leaves I've been doing with Spellbinders Dies and UTEE.  I also have been making flowers, but they didn't go with this stamp:


I used a JustRite pumpkin stamped on watercolor paper.  I colored it with Ranger Distress Inks.  I used a Spellbinders oval die to cut out dark brown mat for that.  Then I used the new Beaded Ovals Die from Spellbinders and cut out another piece of watercolor paper.  I used Spiced Marmalade Distress ink and colored the small ovals while the paper was still in the die.  It looks like some of them are lighter, but it is just my picture taking....it leaves a lot to be desired.  The leaves were cut out of different pieces of card stock and then I used Encore gold ink to hi-lite...next I put the the leaf onto my embossing ink pad and then sprinkled UTEE onto the leaves.  I used the heat gun to melt the UTEE and while it was still hot I put on more UTEE and added another layer.  After about three layers I was happy with the look.  It makes them look like porcelain and I just love the look.  I tried the melting pot for the UTEE but I really like the dip and heat method better as I seem to have better control.  My base card stock is a dark green and it was embossed with a Sizzix (Tim Holtz) embossing folder.  I hope you enjoy this .....it's another one for my Fall stash!

Supplies:
JustRite Stamps
Spellbinders Dies
Ranger Distress Inks
UTEE
Heat Gun
Tim Holtz Embossing folder
Gina K Designs Cardstock

4 comments:

cristinoel said...

I love that embossed background and your leaves!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Glad to see your got your MoJo Back big time!!
The leaves are just beautiful. I need to find out about the UTEE stuff your using, going to look that up right now.
Great Card!!!!

Beate said...

Beautiful coloring and leaves!
Hugs and smiles

Sylvia said...

I hope you are feeling better now! These leaves are beautiful and the card gorgeous!