Sunday, January 2, 2011

Looking Forward.......

It is now January 2, 2011...I still find this kind of hard to believe.  It seems like last year just flew by.  I'm hoping this year slows down just a tad.  I would like to savor it.  Now I have a new card to share with you.  It is to be for a birthday and I'm not really happy with it, but time is short, so I just had to stop fiddling with it and move on.  The stamp is from Flourishes  (Clematis and Butterflies)  It is one of their new releases.  It was one that I just couldn't live without so I splurged!  I colored with Distress Inks and that is where I went wrong...I'm not far enough along to do these flowers and make them look the way I want them to.  But, like I said before this is a rush job for a birthday.  I hope the receiver will be kind! 

What I used:
Flourishes Stamps
Websters Pages Paper
Gina K Designs Card Stock
Distress Inks
Copic Markers

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Wow, girl this is gorgeous! Love the image and the colors

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Olga... it's a beauty! Your just to hard on yourself!

Dawn B. said...

This is gorgeous.. I LOVE what you did with the little corner.. It looks terrific.. Your coloring is great.. This set looks so pretty in these colors..

Selma said...

I can't imagine what you don't like about this gorgeous card. It looks perfect to me. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.

Diane said...

Stunning card....so pretty.....!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Coloring is gorgeous!!!!! Just lovely and the Webster's pages is a great choice for this image. Just beautiful!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This looks so beautiful it should be hanging on the wall in a frame! Your coloring is gorgeous, oh I wish I could skip across the road and play with you!

Starla said...

This is nothing short of stunning!! I love the colors on this and how you did your corner!!

Gloria Dawson said...

Your card is gorgeous Glenda and so is your coloring! Have a Blessed New Year!

Gloria

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! If it looks this good knowing it's a picture, I can imagine how lovely it is in real life. Happy January to you on this 4th day!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop it, Glenda! When I was on my way over here I was thinking how I've come to look forward to whatever beautiful creation you have to share this time. And when I saw this card I just gasped! It's gorgeous and I think your watercoloring is fabulous! You are an amazing crafter!

jojoscraps said...

Well, I can't see where you went wrong. You've colored your card beautifully. While checking out the rest of your blog, I noticed that you make alot of your own flowers and I must say, they are just gorgeous!
Jo xx