Monday, December 30, 2013

My Valentine....

Good Monday morning everyone!  Now that we have Christmas behind us and are looking toward the new year, the next holiday of course is New Years day and then it is on to Valentine's Day.  I mostly do these cards for kids or for my grandson's but this  year I want to try my hand at some grown up ones.  Here is my first one.


Something about this reminds me of some of the Christmas cards I was doing earlier, but trust me this one is for a Valentine!  Did you notice the little doves?  I just love those little guys!  And of course, you know me, I just had to sprinkle a little glitter.

OK that is it for me this morning.  Be sure and check back in tomorrow; it's the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team blog hop day.  I always get so excited to participate in these hops.  See you then!

15 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A Valentine Heart Throb!! So very pretty...love all the layers and you are right, the little doves are adorable. Enjoy the week

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Glenda, this is just stunning! I love the lattice layered atop the die cut. All that gorgeous white and then your stunning red asters. Pure artistry! The pearls are a lovely addition, too!

Caroline D. said...

Super gorgeous!! The glitter on the leaves and swirls is perfect and the placement of the pearls is wonderful!!

Leslie Miller said...

It's totally gorgeous, Glenda! So soon after Christmas we're still associating red and white and glitter with Christmas, but I absolutely see a Valentine in this. The flowers, pearls, those cute little doves -- many uber-feminine and lovely elements. I think it would be fun to send Valentines to friends like we used to when we were kids. I hardly get more than a couple made, though -- one for each of my two guys, hubby and son.

The Old Parsonage said...

It's darling - love those doves. I love the glitz and glimmer!

Happy New Years!

Leann

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Glenda! Love the design and all the sparkle!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a stunner, Glenda! Perfectly put together! You have inspired me with the flowers- I need to get those dies out!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda, love, love the flowers! Sorry I am coming by so late! Hope you had a good day! Happy New Year's Eve!

Oksana said...

This is beautiful Glenda, love the glitter! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah just love those flowers Magpie.... your card is just superb!!!
May God bless in 2014. love Shaz in Oz.x

Nan G said...

Oh Glenda! What a stunning card! Love the whole lacy feel of it.

Darlene said...

WOW this is just GORGEOUS Glenda and awesome inspiration to get me started! I haven't recovered from the holidays quite yet (lol) but guess I need to get busy thinking along these lines! BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lenoria said...

This is gorgeous! Yes, it has a Christmasy feel but valentine colors are red and white also. When I look at this card I can see the design being used for all kinds of cards just by changing the colors and flowers! Thank you for inspiring my mind (now if I would just get up and do something about it). I love your gorgeous designs. Happy New Year!!

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful Valentine. Well done.

505whimsygirl said...

Beautiful Valentine card!!

Hugs,
Kay