Friday, September 26, 2014

Clearing My Desk.....

Yesterday I decided it was time to clear my desk of several piles of "stuff" because it was getting to the point where I was losing things that I needed to work with.  When that happens I stand a chance of throwing something away that I should not so I decided to take a few minutes and throw out some paper snippets and put some things away.

I found one of the gift bags I had been working on and had just tossed it aside to do something else and it  had gravitated all the way down the pile.  I had already done the measurements and cut and taped decorative papers and just needed to add some elements and it would be ready to stuff with Halloween treats.  So I had some Graphic 45 bits and pieces and some seam binding that I dyed to match another project and low and behold it looked really nice against the shades of purple on the paper I had used.


I just noticed I taped the ribbon and it is a little off.  Not to worry, I can remedy this with no problem but I don't even think my grandsons will notice.  They will be all about the goodies I've stuffed inside so I'm not going to stress to much over this minor detail.  They will enjoy the chocolate bars and then dig deep to find the money I always tuck inside and they will be good to go.  They are at that age and not too impressed with whether a ribbon is straight or not.  In the grand scheme of things, a crooked ribbon doesn't seem very major.  As you can tell.....the fact that I keep going on about that ribbon is showing you upsetting it is for me.  So I can assure you, before I send that bag anywhere, there will be a straight ribbon gracing the front of the bag!

Well that does it for me this morning.  Hope your day is a good one and that you have a wonderful weekend planned.  I spent most of the week doing Fall clean up in the yard so I don't plan to do a lot over the weekend.

7 comments:

Rita said...

What a great bag Glenda. So glad you found it again. Hugs Rita xxx

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, love the bow treatment too!!!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

YOu made me laugh out loud over the ribbon! I soooo get it! Love this bag, and the color combo is spot on! I just made something using this same paper and a scrunchy seam binding bow. Great minds......

DottyA Cards & Things said...

It may have been at the bottom of the pile you were cleaning up. But it sure is a stand out now!
Yep on your grandson not even noticing, but if it makes you happy that's all that matters!

Mary Ann said...

Love your bag,very pretty,Awesome bow!!!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Glenda, my desk is due for a clean out too after I finish my next 3 projects. I loooooove that ribbon and it does go perfect with the fabulous bag, it's nice to know with all the PERFECT things you create, you make boo boos too :O), thanks for sharing it the kids will love it just they way it is, hope you had a wonderful weekend. ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, I was all about how beautiful the ribbon was, and then you mentioned it was crooked but no big deal you could fix that and kids don't care and so on, and then I just cracked up, totally laughed out loud at your next statement. You sound just like me! I would be agonizing over the ribbon. Funny how YOUR crooked ribbon doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as MY crooked ribbon would. Anyway, the bag is beautiful and it feels good to get to the bottom of that pile. Sheesh, mine is growing again and I'll have to get to it before it buries me!