Thursday, October 21, 2010

Non Idle Hands! .....

Good morning everyone!  I'm still here.....just working like a borrowed mule and trying to keep my head down and hands busy.  Like I promised.....my hands have not been idle.  I don't have the time for anything major creative, but when I sit to rest from my chores.....I've been creating flowers!  I love doing flowers and using them on my cards and so here are my new flowers.





This is only a few of the things I've been doing.  These flowers are all over my work area and getting ready to go into a flower jar.  Most of them were made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die but you can make most of them if you have punches.   The large flowers are the Prima Camelot Rose Duplications that I learned to make on YouTube.  Just key in Camelot Roses Doop and that video will come up for you.  Some of the flowers have UTEE on them and others just have Distress Inks on the Edges and Glimmer Mist and then some Ranger Stickles on the edges for some shine! 

I work awhile and sit awhile which is typical with my age group.....while I'm sitting, about 15 minutes worth, I can either cut out some card stock or ink edges or assemble, or whatever.  I was beginning to feel like I had to totally stop creating and only work, but I find I can still do a little of both. 

I hope you enjoy these.....I'm loving making them and can't wait to have time to make some cards and other things using them!  Have a wonderful day and I'm off to tackle another item on my list!

11 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wow Glenda these are beautiful. Will seek the UTUBE.. Got some hands ready projects ready to take with me whenever I have to visit a medical office or whatever, while I sit and WAIT I can get a lot done.
Thanks for sharing, but take time to enjoy a few good things here and there.
This gettin old ain't for sissies...BUT retirement is great.

Broni said...

Wow, Glenda! These are just fabulous!

Wendy said...

These are so gorgeous--they look real! What a nice thing to have scattered around at this time of year when everything outside is starting to die off. I know they'd cheer me up!
Enjoy checking all those jobs off your list, and don't forget to take some time out for you too!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful flowers! My goodness, whether or not you ever decorate anything with them, they must be such a wonderful creative interlude (in between those tedious chores). I know you'll put them to good use, those, and I'll be here looking when the time comes!

Dawn B. said...

You have been busy. Wow love all of these. I think you have this mastered. I have this die too and need to use it.. Great job Glenda..

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh Glenda how beautiful! I've been out of town a few weeks and it was such a supprise to see what you have been working on.... LOVE them. I'm going to put this on my LIST of things to try...
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Starla said...

OH MY!! Glenda, these are just GORGEOUS and I can't wait to see how you use them!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I can't wait to see them on your cards. You should go into business with them! WOW!

paperpapier said...

I love all the flowers...so pretty and luxurious!!! Oh my, you are inspiring and motivating me to make my own flowers.
happy crafting,
Heaney

Beate said...

Glenda, your flowers look beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Jenny Gropp said...

BEAUTIFUL! My flowers never look like those, LOL! Love 'em!