Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Card Number....?

At this point, I have forgotten how many Holiday cards I have made and how many I need.  So today, I'm going to recheck my list and then check my box and figure out how many more I need to make! 

This little cutie was stamped off and sent to me by a good friend.  She was stamped onto watercolor paper.  I colored with Ranger Distress Inks and then used  Spellbinders Labels Ten to cut her out.  My base card is also the Labels Ten positioned over a folded piece of watercolor paper and cut out; then I cut another Labels 10 to cover the fold in the base card.  This way you get the full effect of the shape on your card. 
I have started using chalk on the faces(cheeks) instead of more inks and the chalk blends so much better.  I also used some gray chalk to add shadows around my image.  The little rose is one of mine with a little glitter added.  I also added glitter to the stamen and the punched out limbs to continue on with the glitter theme.  Some young girl would love this......or some older girl would too....LOL

I hope you are off to a good weekend.  I've got to continue with my cleaning.  I've been doing some deep cleaning to get ready for the Holidays.  Our kids and grand kids will be here for Thanksgiving and then I try and get our Christmas tree up next weekend.  I actually have a plan this year and I'm hoping to be able to check off my list one thing at a time.  I was so tired yesterday, I fell asleep around 7 last night and I guess that explains why I'm up at 2:30 AM making coffee and getting ready for the day.  Nothing like having your days and nights mixed up! 

Have a great day and try to keep a little for yourself and remember to Breathe!

2 comments:

Starla said...

When you are done with your deep cleaning, I'll swallow my pride and have you come and do mine!

Love the soft blues on this. My formal room Christmas "theme" is all white and cobolt blue. With santa's (white and blue of course) and snowflakes. Rather drawn to this color scheme

Patty Sue 2 said...

I do love these colors and you have colored this Maggie to perfection. Ughh....deep cleaning...I have been having a bit of that the last two days...someone had better notice!