Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas is coming!!

Since I have finished my Christmas Cards, I decided to make a few tags for packages...  This little fella I found in my box....I had already colored and cut out so all I had to do was punch a hole to add a small ribbon and I couldn't even handle that!  I just noticed that the hole I punched is off center, but I doubt that once I attach to a package, anyone will notice!


I have Grandsons and not all are interested in what Ninny is doing in her craft room, but I think this little guy is so cute and will make the package a little more special.   He is a h'Angler image and I colored him in Distress Inks.  I used chalk to add the shadows around him and cut out with a Spellbinders die and inked the edges with more distress ink.  I'm still struggling with cheeks!  I just can't seem to make them look like I want them to.  I read somewhere to use chalk to do the cheeks and I will be trying this in the very near future! 

We are really cold here this morning....12 degrees with wind chills in the single digits!  I'm hoping to get out and finish Christmas Shopping this morning.  I better bundle up and hustle from the car to the store!  Only a few more things to buy so it won't take long!

Hope you have a good day!

Hugs
Glenda

7 comments:

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Your right no one will ever notice, his so cute! And as always you did a beautiful job coloring him too!

craftieodmae said...

This is awesome!!! It was minus 13 here with the wind chill!

Patty Sue 2 said...

He is adorable and will make a lovely tag. You have such wonderful ideas. This is just another example of your fantastic work!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I love the h'Angler images, just got some. I have some catching up to do you have so many pretty posts while I've been out of blogland.
Love the little guy here. Enjoy the Season
Family, Friends and Fun.

Sylvia said...

Your tag is wonderful! No most people do not pay attention to the tag on the gift, but it is still nice to make the package special with a special tag! A gift from the heart!

Dawn B. said...

This is a wonderful tag.. It will decorate any package perfectly.. Great choice of stamps..

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is just adorable!