Monday, December 27, 2010

I Love Making Flowers......


Do you love these large flowers as much as I do?  I think they are so different!  I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and used the two large flowers for the larger flowers here.  The centers are made by curling the next to largest flowers petals and when you glue them together you push the centers down into a foam mat ...this gives them dimension and pulls those little curls together.  I sponged the ends with Distress Inks, sprayed with Glimmer Mist, and used a background stamp to add the print.  Then scrunched everything to shape the petals.  The blue flowers are made using homemade Mulberry  paper that I have in my stash.  Even after they are finished they stay soft and pliable.  The only thing left for these babies is to add some glitter to the edges if you want.  They are ready to adorne a card or scrapbook page or the top of a box. I need to work on some leaves to peak out from under the flowers and that will be what I am working on today if I have time. 

My day is already planned out for me today.  The laundry fairy didn't visit us this Christmas and my cup runneth over!!  It is cold here again this morning...we are supposed to warm up over the next couple of days and be more our regular weather here in the South!  Have a great week and remember to take time to Breathe!!

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love your flowers! They would be fantastic on a scrap book page. Hoping it warms up here too, I'm off to work. Have a great day with your laundry LOL.

Sherry Cheever said...

Gorgeous flowers! I must try these and the centers have me fascinated!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers these are amazing! Very well done!

Elly said...

Gorgeous flowers Glenda!!

hugs, Elly

Unknown said...

Oh WOW Glenda these flowers are so pretty! What a great idea for the centers... the most unique flowers I've seen... I HAVE to try this! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Selma said...

More gorgeous flowers Glenda. The way you curled the centers in, is fabulous. Isn't it amazing all the different flowers you can make with that die! I love looking at all your beautiful flowers. Your snow in the earlier post is so pretty. I love to look at the snow but really hate to travel in it. We have another big storm coming in this evening.

Sylvia said...

Glenda, More beautiful flowers, I am envious! I made one last night which I am fixing to poat on my ColourQ card. I left you an award on my blog! I enjoy visiting your blog as well!

Joan Fricker said...

Gorgeous flowers!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Nan G said...

I love your flowers! It's what drew me to your blog awhile back. I'm gonna try those curled centers they're so different!