Monday, August 29, 2011

Clean and Simple.....

Good morning everyone!  I hope you are ready to face another work week.  I looked up at my calendar this morning and it just dawned on me this month is over!  Can you believe it is already almost September?  It seems like we have been just enduring the heat this summer, with our heads down and looking for any little bit of shade we could find.  Now we will see the seasons change and suddenly, we all will be moaning about how cold it is outside and how much snow we have.  Well enough about the woes of the seasons! 

This morning I want to share another card I made:


This is about as clean and simple I get.   I used a card base of watercolor paper and covered it with a piece of designer paper that had been floating around on my desk for days.  My little Magnolia stamp is hand painted using Ranger Distress Inks and then I cut out the image because I wanted her to sit on the swing.  I made the swing using Spellbinders Ovals Small dies and cut a frame.  Then I tied a piece of string to the top and glued it down under the trim.  The trim and the medallion for the sentiment are also Spellbinders dies (Parisian Accents).  I used a copic marker to color the white half pearls and adhered them to the medallion.  Just a little fussy cutting around the Magnolia image and everything else is Spellbinders dies and pretty paper.  How's that for clean and simple?  I hope you aren't getting tired of seeing these little images.  They are some of my favorites and they just lend themselves to this technique of coloring. 

Well that is about it for me this morning....be sure to check back on Wednesday, when we will be sharing some more Heartfelt Creations cards and projects for your viewing pleasure! 

Have a wonderful Monday and remember, no matter where you are or what you are doing.....take a moment and "Breathe"!

11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

LOL, this is gorgeous and far form CAS in my book, I love it!!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Will I don't know about Simple but she sure is CUTE!!!! It's so hard to not do all the layers and fun things you do I bet... but this card is really very nice this way!!

Selma said...

No we don't get tired of seeing these cute little images on your cards. Your coloring always makes them fabulous.

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda, gorgeous little magnolia
and such lovely colouring....
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! Love the swing and you image is lovely.

Janett said...

Lovely card, I love the swing. Coloring is great as always.

Leslie Miller said...

That is some beautiful paper, and I think I have it! You've used it so well on your Glenda-style CAS card. Very pretty! Sweet image and some fabulous watercoloring. I'm feeling Fall in the air here, too. Mostly in the shorter days. I don't know what I'll do when it's too dark to take Wally for a walk after work.

Jan Hennings said...

OH! How sweet and love this little image :)

Starla said...

You use the Spellbinder's dies so creatively! I really need to think outside the "die" more often!
Love your watercoloring of the image....another thing to add to my creative "bucket list..."

Patty Sue 2 said...

Glenda, I am loving this and may have to steal this idea for a Christmas card...would that be OK? Your work amazes me!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so pretty!