Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wall Hanging....


Good morning everyone!  I hope your day has sunshine and cool temperatures!  We are finally beginning to cool down somewhat here in East Tennessee and I have to say it is truly welcomed!

This morning I want to share with you a wall hanging I made for the challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  This week's guest designer is Sherry Cheever.  Now I consider Sherry to be my mentor; she left a comment on my blog early on and I was blown away by the fact that someone with so much talent would even take the time to notice!  I have followed her Journey for quite sometime and she is such a creative lady.  So when I heard she was going to be doing this for Joan I was so excited and could hardly wait to see what Sherry did!  You can view it here: http://sherrycheever.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2011/08/11/at-joans-garden/        Of course I just had to play along and this is what I came up with.  My piece can be used as a wall hanging or to just sit on an easel.  My flower is made with the Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die and was dipped into Utee to give it that glazed look. I tried doing it like Sherry did by making the flower first and then dipping it.  It works beautifully!  This is a technique I will use time and again as I love making flowers and use them on almost everything I make.  Thank you Joan and Sherry!

Well this is about it for me this morning.  I hope you have a wonderful day and try and find a little time just for you and "Breathe!"

Supplies:  Spellbinders Dies (Grand Labels One, Foliage, and Labels Twenty and some Time Pieces dies but I don't know the name) Scrapadashery paper, Moon Glow's Glitz Spritz in Desert Moon Prickly Pear Purple, Ranger Distress Inks, Glue, Ranger Distress Crackle paint, Acrylic Paint, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, glitter...the family picture and the sentiment are from my computer; something I downloaded long ago and for the life of me I cannot remember where they came from.

16 comments:

Elly said...

A beautiful wallhanger Glenda!!

Nancy said...

WOW, Glenda...this is a beautiful piece! Love every detail!

craftieodmae said...

Hon you have so much talent it just blows my mind! this is gorgeous!

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

A lovely 'shabby' feel to this Glenda....beautiful !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxx

Beate said...

Wow! Glenda, your wall hanging looks great! So do your flowers.
Have a great Sunday!
Hugs and smiles

Sylvia said...

Such a fabulous piece, Glenda! All the work you put into this really shows. It is just beautiful! Have a wonderful Sunday!

The Other Patti Sue said...

WoW... I am totally blown away! This is absolutely amazing, that flower is beyond gorgeous!

Sherry Cheever said...

Flippin' GORGEOUS!!

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, what a stunning collage! I really like how you combined all the features.

Starla said...

Gorgeous! Between you and Sherry, I am going to have to drag out my (ahem) never used before melting pot and give these flowers a try!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Glenda, This is just beautiful, I am amazed at the work on this. What a lovely wall hanging.

Leslie Miller said...

All those lovely elements so beautifully combined! Your flower turned out gorgeous with the UTEE!

Joan Fricker said...

Glenda, this is gorgeous. Your flower is awesome. Great job on everything.

Thanks so much for joining us for Sherry's Challenge at Joan's Gardens. I love it!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Such a Lovely pice... all the different techniques you used come together to make a beautiful creation.
Again Lovely!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this...a stunning piece of art. Pat

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

LOVE IT. Very pretty design. Sherry has a great blog and does great work, followed her a long time. Lots of great techniques. Thanks for the pretty fun..