Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas Box for Challenge at Joan's Gardens


Good morning everyone!  It's Friday and raining cats and dogs here this morning.  It's OK, cause all I got is housework today! 

This morning I'm running a little late because I was frantically trying to finish this little box for the Challenge over at Joan's Gardens!  I made the box last night, but wanted to finish the band to go over the box.  This week the challenge requires:


Well I think I have all the bases covered this week.  Why don't you play along...Joan's challenges are always a lot of fun and they make you think outside the box a little...kinda keeps you on your toes.  While you are visiting Joan's site, look around at her store...she has some wonderful supplies at very reasonable prices and she is a class act when it comes to customer service and shipping!

My box is made with Christmas paper and the band is made using the HCD 713 Lace Border die from Heartfelt Creations.  The flower is from HCPC 3415 Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set.  I added some leaves from a couple of punches and made a stick pin too and then I added a little jingle bell charm.  Not too complicated just a lot of fun. 

I hope I have inspired you to try one of these little boxes...and maybe enter it into Joan's Challenge!  Have a good Friday and a wonderful weekend!  Remember to "Breathe"!

21 comments:

craftieodmae said...

awesome, love the poke a dot bow!!!!

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Such a lovely box Glenda ! I wonder who will be the lucky recipient !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty... your right Joan's challenges always make you put your thinkin cap on!

Rita said...

Glenda, your box is fantastic and I agree with you totally regarding bringing out the artistic in us all. Thankyou so much for the lovely comments left on my blog. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

Selma said...

This is so cute Glenda. I love the design paper and that cute poinsettia. I'm happy you enjoyed our challenge this week. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Joan's Gardens this week.

Beate said...

Wow! Your box looks amazing. Love the paper you chose and LOVE the band you created.
Hugs and smiles

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous box, Glenda! Beautiful papers and decorations! You aced it!

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Just fantastic!
Have a great weekend!

The Rubber Maid said...

Fabulous box and I'm sure you got all bases covered. Pat

Lisa Lynne said...

A very pretty box - great idea to use the lace die to trim the band!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous box, Glenda! Love the band and the happy paper. I think I will come to your house for Christmas! Have a wonderful Friday! Send me some of that rain!

Mieke'S said...

Beautiful card!
Greetings Mieke'S

Angelica Turner said...

Glenda, your box is gorgeous. Love the flower.

Sherry Kushibab said...

Love the colors you used for your box, and the little bell is an adorable addition.

F.T said...

This is so pretty layout the flower has given a fantastic look to it.

Printing on Plastic
print VIP cards

Joan Fricker said...

Glenda, this is such a cute box. Great choice of colors and your embellishment is beautiful.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for the weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Amarilys said...

fabulous tag!

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS Glenda! LOVE the little hanging jingle bell! Beautifully done!!

Diane said...

Very pretty...love all the details and the "yummy" color choices!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous box Glenda! Love the Poinsettia and stick pin.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful box Glenda love the polka dot flower it sure comments the paper you used for the box. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog . Good luck with the challenge
Marilyn