Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy November and Welcome to Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!

Today over on the Heartfelt Creations blog, Linda and Emma Lou will be sharing some of the projects made by the new design team members, as well as the remaining team members.  I am so anxious to get to see these projects and I know they are going to be a feast for our eyes.  So plan to go over and check it out!

My card this morning features a classic Christmas Bell with a Heartfelt Creations twist!  I just love the beautiful poinsettia flowers on this bell! 

Heartfelt Creations Products Used HCPC 3422 Poinsettia Cheer Bells PreCut Set

Other Supplies: Spellbinders Grand Labels 4 and Parisian Accents dies, Grand Calibur, sewing machine, cream card stock, turquoise card stock, Canson watercolor paper, Prisma pencils, Copic marker, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, blending stumps, gamsol, Scor-Tape, glue

Instructions: My card size is 5 X 7.  Make card base out of watercolor paper.  Some of you have asked why I use so much watercolor paper on my cards even though parts are not water colored.  The reason for this is I love the stability I achieve with the heavy watercolor paper.  A card base made of this can stand up to almost anything you can load onto it.  I cut my layers 1/4" smaller than the base and stitched around the edges, then attached to card base.  Stamp image onto cream card stock and color with Prisma pencils and then I used gamsol and a blending stump to help with the blending and shading.  Cut out with the die and then I used the same die, placed it onto a different piece of card stock and traced around the outside edges of the die.  I cut it out and used it for a layering piece for the image.  Attach this to the card.  Cut out the accent pieces and glue to the card front.  There you have it!

Now be sure and visit the Heartfelt Creations blog and have a look around at the new designer creations.  That is where I'm going right now!  See you there....Oh yes, you can also visit the blogs of the designers by clicking on their names on the right hand side of my blog.  Go visit and leave them a comment...they will be so happy to hear from you!

That's it for me this morning; come back and visit tomorrow as I will be posting another one of my cards for Heartfelt Creations.  I hope you have a wonderful day and that it is filled with sunshine!  Take care and remember to "Breathe"!

20 comments:

craftieodmae said...

another beautiful creation, love the corner pieces!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Magpie - ah so agree with the water colour paper and the reliability of it - and it is cold pressed and so willing to take a good bit of work on it - very forgiving - hot pressed which is smoother is even better and use it for a lot of my calligraphy work - love it - this card is gorgeous of course, your attention to detail is great..
Oh and Magpie wanted to tell you,
my blog is one year old - happy birthday to dear blog, happy birthday to...etc.
:D anyway - just wanted to let you know there is a tiny weeny bit of juicy candy on offer as a huge thank YOU for all my tremendously wonderful Encouragers like you are to me! love and God bless, Shaz in oz.x

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely stunning as usual! Have a great day GF!

Patty Sue 2 said...

You amaze me! I don't know how you always manage to make a simple image look so elegant. I can't help you with the paper as I don't water color! LOL!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Very pretty! I like the soft elegance of your card!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda! I love the bell and all the diecuts! Very elegant!

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda, such a lovely card....I love that bell, its gorgeous !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxxxx

Beate said...

Oh Glenda, your card is beautiful. The image, the coloring, the colors and paper you chose. It all goes together so well.
Hugs and smiles

Starla said...

OOOO!! I like this bell! As a kid, my grandmother would collect holiday bells and plates. This reminds me of those!

Caroline D. said...

Love this card!! The pastels give it a lovely vintage feel. Thanks for the warm welcome for "us new DT members". :o)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Glenda! I am loving your Christmas cards. These have wonderful colors. Happy November to you.

Angelica Turner said...

Glenda, this is so beautiful, the colors on the bell are amazing.

~Heidi~ said...

I love this card! It is beautiful!

marsha said...

Beautiful card Glenda, love the colors and the embellishments!
Hugs,
Marsha

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the ornate corners you added. What a beautiful stamp..

Lisa aka Raining said...

Simply stunning card!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! The bell and corner flouishes are beautiful, Glenda!

Olena said...

So pretty card! Great job! Olena

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Maggie,

you are so creativ. Your works are so beautifull done! Thank you for your Inspirations.

I am your new follower now. It would make me very proud, if you take my site too as your favorite Blogs!
Many Hugs from Marina

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, such a beautiful stamp! I love how you've used your Spellbinders dies, too. I rarely think to add those extra little filigrees, but they're so pretty!