Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm Still Here.....



Good morning everyone.  I realize it has been a few days since my last post, but  I'm still here.  We had our Thanksgiving yesterday as the kids have a weird schedule this year and will be scattered on Thursday.  So everyone gathered here yesterday and we had a late lunch and lots of food and fun!  I have to admit that I'm still tired from the day.  I awoke at 3 AM and that made for a very long day!  But I love it when the girls and son-in-laws and grand kids can all be here at the same time.  We had a full house and we ate and talk and gave thanks for all we have! 

Now back to my card.  This is a little hanglar image that I colored with distress inks and I think she is just too cute.  She is all bundled up and ready for the cold.  Much of the country is having snow already, but here in the balmy South we are still in the 60's and 70's.  I wanted to keep this card clean and simple and able to be mailed so there are not a lot of embellishments.  My sentiment is a Heartfelt Creations Birthday wish and I created the frame for the image with Spellbinders Labels Four dies.  Pretty simple.  I really wanted the little image to be the focal point on my card.  Sometimes, less is more.

What do you have planned for the day?  I hope it will be a good one for you!  I will be puttering most of the day with a little fun time in between!  So no matter what you get into try and take a moment and "Breathe"!


11 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Oh she is lovely Glenda !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxxx

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card, she's so sweet, glad you had a good Thanksgiving.......I'm working today 14 hours so not much else will be going on LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super awesome CAS card! She is dressed perfectly for our weather here in Idaho... Mother Nature is very cranky!

Carla S. said...

This is so beautiful, Glenda! I love the sweet image and your wonderful coloring!

Rita said...

Love your card and the image is so wonderfully coloured too. Hope you feel less tired to-morrow. Hugs Rita xxxx

Starla said...

Well! I guess you'll get a double serving of Thanksgiving blessings this year!!

Your little card is adorable. Your coloring needs no other embellishments to awe!

Judi said...

I really like the frames you are making with the SB dies. I am definitely going to have to give this a try as soon as I get back to my Big Shot. Another great card.
Judi

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! I love the image that you colored. What a great birthday card. Have a wonderful and restful day!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oops made a typo on one above! Hi there Magpie you are doing well love the different look you put on things! glad you had great family time too.
Also I sent you an email on Saturday, or might be your Friday, and just occurred to me you might need to check your spam, as it might have gone in there, thanks heaps, Sharon.x

Patty Sue 2 said...

She is beautiful...your coloring is so amazing. I love the CAS look! Glad your Thanksgiving was filled with family and love!