Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Snowman Conversation.....



Good morning everyone!  This morning I want to share a card I made for the weekly challenge over at Joan's Gardens.  Each week Joan and Selma host a challenge and they are always so much fun....sometimes my time just gets away from me and I can't play, but this week I managed to to have a little extra creative time and this is what I came up with.

The challenge this week called for the following:

     Make a card or tag with an animal
     Use a Die
     Create a Winter theme
     Do some kind of embossing

My little snowman is conversing with a little bird and I think I have all the rest of the bases covered too.  My image is from Sassy Cheryl's and I used Spellbinders dies and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Why don't you go over to Joan's blog and get all the instructions and play along!  While you are there, be sure and check out all the wonderful items Joan carries in her store.  She is a class act and handles your order with such care you will never be disappointed!

Well this is it for me this morning.  I'm off to do my chores and play awhile later!  I'm doing Christmas and wearing it out!  I'll be posting some of my creations later so come back and visit often.

So wherever you are today, and whatever you are doing...I wish you sunshine and happiness and don't forget to "Breathe"!

18 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

lovely texture and great image !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxx

Mrs. Swandog said...

Very cute Glenda....love the image!

Julia Dunnit said...

Breathe being good advice Glenda - my list is starting to make me a bit giddy!!
Such a nice card - sweet image, beautifully coloured.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

This is such a Cute image you picked! And you did a Lovely job coloring it too!!! Looks perfect layered on the tan with the White snow embossed...
Very Fresh and Fun!

craftieodmae said...

super duper cute!!!! my computer is down at home so I'm cheating and commenting at work, lets not tell anyone hehe.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super adorable! Joan's challenges are always so much fun... I need to play more (0=

Selma said...

You have the cutest snowmen stamps Glenda. I love this cute card. Yes, you covered all the bases. Thanks for joining us again this week for the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Beate said...

What a darling image! I love the way you colored him and finished the card. It's beautiful.
Hugs and smiles

Mieke'S said...

Nice card!
Greetings Mieke'S

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! I love the background embossing and the cute image! Great coloring, as always!

Sylvia said...

What a fun and fabulous snowman, Glenda! Such a bright and cheery Christmas card you have created. Have a wonderful and restfell day!

Wendy said...

Your cards are always so amazing. This one is reminding me with the holidays right on my doorstep not to forget to keep it fun!! Love it!
Hope you're having a great day!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Great job! Olena

Joan Fricker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Adorable. Love this image and a great card. Can you add more time to a day for me? I am amazed at how it disappears.

Joan Fricker said...

Glenda, what an adorable card. Cute snowman and I love the embossing. Great job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

MD said...

*** Elle est superbe
bravo

Leslie Miller said...

Glenda, I'm so far behind I'll never catch up and I even had to go to the next page to see what all you've been up to. Had to stop here to say how darling this card is! I always love it when you color. You do such a beautiful job and this image is so sweet. As much as I tell myself I need to go more CAS, I always come back to the coloring. I just love it!