Friday, November 11, 2011

A Thanksgiving Card.....



Good Friday morning everyone!  I hope you are getting ready for the weekend!  This morning is the coldest one we have had all year and it has definitely put a little spring in my step!  We are in the lower 30's this morning.  With that being said, I have definitely turned my attentions toward Thanksgiving and Christmas! 

This morning I'm sharing a card I did for Heartfelt Creations and you can find all the specifics listed with it on the Heartfelt Creations blog this week.  I do want to say that I stamped the leaves and then dipped them into melted UTEE to make them look like glass.  I just love the way they turned out.  Once they had cooled, I used my heat gun and re-heated them to be able to shape them a little.  I just added a little curl to them to make them have dimension and not lay flat.  But you have to be really careful or you will definitely burn your fingers!  That is the voice of experience talking there!

Well I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned.  As for me....no big plans, just the usual.  When you get to be my age, you just go with the flow!   Take care and remember to take a moment out of your busy lives and "Breathe"!

18 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda, a warm autumnal Thanksgiving
card....love those gorgeous leaves and sentiment !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh Glenda this is just Beautiful!!! Those leaves are just stunning like that... With the simple brown and white card the lovely border and beautiful sentimnt it makes a perfect package!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Glenda... fall perfection! Love those leaves!

Betty Benton said...

Those leaves are super stunning -- hope you didn't burn the little pinkies too badly!

Carla S. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Glenda! I love how you did the leaves!

Judi said...

The leaves are gorgeous. I hope your fingers have healed. I am wondering if this could be done without a melting pot. It would be much slower...hmm. May have to give this a try. Thanks. As always, you have inspired.

Sylvia said...

Love the simple card, Glenda and the leaves are fabulous. Another beautiful creation you have here. Have a lovely afternoon.

Lisa Lynne said...

Just beautiful! Love the fall colors - makes me a little homesick for East Tennessee!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, I love those leaves, well the whole set of stamps!!!!!

Cheryl said...

So beautiful! Those leaves look real!!!

Linda W. said...

This is just beautiful Glenda! Your mojo is going again! It was cold here all week - had 3 inches of snow earlier in the week, today it's about gone but our temps are 32 right now. It can only get better, right?

Janett said...

Wow how beautiful. I thought they were silk leaves, Great Job

Janine said...

VERY pretty Glenda!!!

Olena said...

You are so creative with your cards!!! This is so pretty and such a great card! Olena

Beate said...

Wow! Glenda, your card is gorgeous. I love the embossed frame and the beautifuil leaves underneath the sentiments.
Hugs and smiles

Starla said...

Love the look of the "glass" leaves!!

Jan Hennings said...

Glenda...this is just gorgeous and love the embossed back ground :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is just beautiful...I will have blisters on my fingers tomorrow as I must try this! LOL!