Thursday, November 3, 2011

Winding Down.....


Most of you are counting the days till the weekend; me too!  It is just around the corner! 

This morning I'm here to share another card I made for Heartfelt Creations and it is featured on the Heartfelt Creations blog this week; along with several other cards made by the design team.  I was so excited to see the new team members cards there yesterday morning, but I have to tell you, I'm going to have to step it up a notch to keep up!  Loads of talent featured over there!  My card uses HCPC 3419 Holiday Poinsettia Candle PreCut Set.  I used a Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and stamped the sentiment onto watercolor paper.  I cut it out using Spellbinders beaded ovals and layered this onto a piece of watercolor paper that had been run through a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  This was then mounted onto the card base which is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2".  I made the bow out of seam binding and made a homemade stick pin to go through the bow.  The little pretty under the sentiment is a Prima element. 

Please forgive my photography skills, I think I'm getting worse instead of better.  One of these days all my photos will look gorgeous and I will probably faint dead away! 

Well ladies, that about does it for me this morning.  Lots of chores to do today, so I need to get cracking!
Have a great day and I look forward to hearing what you think of my card.  Like it or not Christmas is just around the corner!

14 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

A lovely all white creation, I love the big white bow....just gorgeous !!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxxxxxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Magpie - white is very hard to photograph and personally think natural light is the best shot with a suppressed flash - is anywhere like this suitable where you live? not hard in Oz as we get bright light days quite often.. not sure about over there!
Blessings and am sure you will be up to the mark, God helping you - as thy days so shall thy strength be, love Shaz in oz.x

The Other Patti Sue said...

OHMy goodness... this is stunning! Love white on white, beautiful!

TesaB said...

Ohhh! Totally FAB card. Love all the white and the bow is simply magnificent!!!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, then it's hard not to make a gorgeous card using these fantastic stamps!!!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Not to worry... You won't have any trouble keeping up with the Newbies... Your card is just perfect! LOVE the All White.. So simple and Clean... Love it!

Wendy said...

I have that Cuttlebug folder, but you can bet none of my cards come out looking this gorgeous! Your photography is just fine too!
My little one's tutor just called in sick, so we have an unplanned day off. Heading to the park--have a great day!

Lisa Lynne said...

Beautiful! I really like how the red Merry Christmas is enhanced by the all-white theme of the card.

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful card, Glenda! It is simpler, but beautiful. I love the Merry Christmas and all the little details. There is a card for every person, so this one is perfect. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Judi said...

This is just gorgeous Glenda. I love the look of white on white. You know I never really liked that spellbinders die before but......

Judi

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautifully scripted sentiment for your gorgeous white on white card! Perfect finishing touches and a fabulous fluffy bow!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card. I love that you left most everything white and how you made it work with the die cuts and embossing folders. Beautiful!

Elly said...

Wow a super GORGEOUS card Glenda!!

hugs, Elly

Carol Hurlock said...

Glenda I love white on white cards and yours is exceptional. Beautifully done!