Friday, April 13, 2012

My Little Mermaid........


Good morning everyone!  It's Friday and I'm so very glad!  It has been a very busy week for me!  This morning I want to share a little Magnolia image that I colored with distress inks.  I think she is just too cute!  For this card I actually cut up a box and peeled off the top layer of paper so I could get to this cool waffle look board!  I then painted it and then added some cheese cloth under the image.  On the base card I stamped some pretty swirls and then used some embossing powder on it to give it more detail.  I didn't seem to have any pretty paper to go along with this so I did it this way.  Then I added some Dew Drops for bubbles and a pretty flower to the corner and she is out the door!

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I have enjoyed doing it!  This one will probably just go into my stash of cards until I need her.    Thank you so much for dropping by.  If you like my card, leave me a comment.  I always love reading what you have to say.  Well I am off to get my day started; lots of chores to do again today.  I hope you have a good day and as always, remember to "Breathe"!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning Glenda..this is a cutie! I love the cheesecloth accent...would never have thought of that, lol! Have a great day!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Glenda, I see your are exploring different possibilities! Love that sweetly colored image! Hope your day goes well! Happy planting!

Selma said...

How creative you are. This is SO cute. I love all the things you did to create the background and of course your coloring of that darling image is perfect.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! I love the corrugated background and mesh and the sweet little mermaid! Wonderful coloring and design, as always! Have a great weekend!

Caroline D. said...

Just beautiful!! I love how the cheese cloth looks like fish net and those bubbles are just too cute! You did an awesome job coloring with Distress inks. I'll have to give that a try... they are great tones.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think she is just as cute as can be! Love the recycling!

Nan G said...

Love what used/did for a background!! Very imagative!

Wendy said...

As usual, I've just had an extended visit to catch up on all your projects. I am so amazed at what you come up with in your designs--you truly have a gift!
Hope all's well and the weather's cooperating in your neck of the woods. It's gotten chilly here again. I knew all that sunshine and light-jacket weather was just a teaser, but part of me was still hoping it'd stick around!
Have a great weekend!

The Rubber Maid said...

what a wonderful card with a sweet image and the add on of the cheese clothe was brilliant. Cute and then some! Pat

Starla said...

This is beyond DARLING!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda. Love the image, your coloring and the cardboard background.
Hugs and smiles

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda. Love the image, your coloring and the cardboard background.
Hugs and smiles