Monday, October 8, 2012

Winter Houses.....


Good morning everyone.  I'm here to share another card I made for my Holiday stash.  I have been trying to use some products that I have had for ages and this card uses some of those and an older technique.  I used Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste and a stencil to create these cute little houses on black card stock.  While the paste was still wet I sprinkled glitter over it.  The image was then matted onto gold card stock after everything was dry.  I really like the look of this and think it worked into a pretty holiday card. 

I have also been doing some of this on white card stock using the glitter.  It gives it an  icy feel and I think it is quite lovely.  Have you started  your holiday cards yet? 

Well that's it for me this morning.  I hope you have a good Monday and that you take a moment for yourself and "Breathe"!

9 comments:

Rita said...

Glenda, I love this card, its so different and looks amazing. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xx

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, yep, that's more stuff I have and never use, but just had to have it LOL, your card is gorgeous!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda! Love the shimmery blue!

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful card, Glenda, you are really getting in the spirit! Love the paste on the black with the glitter. Have a wonderful Monday! It feels like fall now, or did I just turn the air con down!!!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Beautiful Glenda, I love the dream weaver stencil and this is such a great idea to sprinkle the glitter on too. It's gorgeous.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

How funny that I actually picked up my tube of embossing paste this morning to see if it was still pliable! What a great idea, to sprinkle in the glitter! It's beautiful!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So pretty, love the stencil of the Winter Houses...Have to clean up my area to even get in there to create anything. Almost done..feels like winter here and horrible winds.

Starla said...

Very pretty! I bet this just sparkles in person!
And, NO...I have not started holiday cards! That would mean I was ahead of schedule and who knows what would happen to the planets alignments if I messed with my "last minute" holiday preparations! haha!

Nan G said...

Gorgeous! Love my embossing paste! Using it in all sorts of new ways. Wish I had this stencil...it's pretty neat. Have a good week!