Monday, February 25, 2013

The weekend is over and we are groaning because it just didn't last long enough.  Some of us have to go back to work, others are staying home doing the Suzy Homemaker chores but we all groan about it. So let's ease into this week and try to enjoy it!

This morning I'm here to share a tag I made for Heartfelt Creations.  I love the soft colors on this one and hope you enjoy it.




Heartfelt Creations Products Used:

HCPC 3517 Busy Bee PreCut Set
HCPC 3405 Leaf Medley PreCut Set

Other Supplies: Tag, Spellbinders Dies (Fancy Lattice, Foliage, Long Classic Rectangles, Labels Four) Memento ink, Rangers Distress Inks, Scor-Tape, Gesso, seam binding, dew drops, Canson watercolor

Instructions: Paint the tag with white gesso, this makes the color you add to it sort of muted and it also gives a good tooth to the paper.  Add distress inks to the tag and distress the edges, add more color to the edges.  Cut out lattice and make a frame using the rectangles dies; glue the lattice to the back of the frame and attach to the tag.  Stamp the image onto water color paper and cut out with die.  Color using distress inks.  Attach to the front of the tag.  Stamp and cut out the leaves and glue to the top of the lattice piece.  Glue a dew drop to the leaves.  Next I used the seam binding as ribbon and tied to the top of the tag.

Well that does it for me this morning.  I will be spending my day running some errands and maybe some cleaning.  Playing will have to wait until another day!





13 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful tag Glenda. I love it. Enjoy your Day. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

craftieodmae said...

I'm sure groaning LOL, I'm at work hard at it as you can tell LOL, love the tag. I need to get into tag making!!!!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous tag, Glenda, I love the lattice work behind the birdhouse! The colors are perfect for Easter! Have a wonderful Monday.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am starting my week with some medical testing, so I will be glad to get it over. Love your sweet tag, and the distressed edges.

Selma said...

Glenda you always create the most gorgeous tags. I love the lattice background for that pretty stamp. Enjoy your day.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous tag, Glenda!

April said...

Gorgeous! So elegant!

TesaB said...

Fantastic tag, Glenda! It sure brightened my Monday!!!

May said...

Gorgeous tag Glenda, Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x

Leslie Miller said...

You just made Monday whole lot prettier, Glenda! This Fancy Lattice is calling my name lately. It's so elegant. Gorgeous tag!

Nan G said...

A gorgeous tag, Glenda! Love the springy feel to it. As if we could open the screen door and step through!

Janine said...

Hi glenda!! Long time!! Gorgeous work as of late!! Hope all is well with you!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I think this is one of my favorite tags. Love the image and your soft colors.