Friday, March 27, 2015

Come Fly With Me.... Challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters.....

Good morning everyone and welcome to my blog this morning.  I'm here this morning to share a card I made to enter the challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  They have a design team call going on there and today is the last day to add your name to their list.  I decided I would try out for this team as I am looking for a team where I only have to make two projects a month.  Summer is coming and it gets a little crazy at my house with all the  yard and garden work this time of year.   So, if I should make the team, it would be a perfect fit for me.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!


First off I apologize for the photo...it seems to be a little off balance, but then again I'm sort of off balance this morning.  We sort of go together.  I am continuing to try and use up some of my hoard and when I pulled out this paper it said 2011.  How's that for getting a little age on it?  I decided it was time to cut into it and so here it is doing the heavy lifting on my card.  It is a Bo-Bunny paper called Gabrielle from 2011.  I just love the pretty shades of green and peach and muted browns.  I fussy cut a little butterfly to put over the one printed on the paper and used a bit of glitter on the flowers and leaves, as well as the body of the little butterfly.  This is a quick and easy card with no razzle dazzle but I think it is quite elegant.

OK, that does it for me this morning.  I have some blogs to visit this morning so I'm off to do that.  It's raining here and the temperature is dropping...winter is trying to rear it's ugly head again.  There are pear trees in bloom and I'm hoping it doesn't get below freezing.  I noticed yesterday my red bud trees are blooming and the maple trees are leafing out.  Also my dogwood trees are showing little green flowers.  They should be in full bloom by Easter in all their glory!  I just love Spring!

10 comments:

DottyA Cards & Things said...

This card is just Beautiful, you certinly made the most of this Beautiful old paper... I can see why you bought it back in 2011, really not that old in the sceam of things.
Oh the trees and flowers sound beautiful... we had BAD rain last night and the cold is on it's way here too, but should not be to cood here.

Darlene said...

Morning! Your card is LOVELY ... I even clicked for a closer look! I love the dimension you always achieve on your creations! So glad you have 'added your name to the DT Call list'! As far as the weather, the only sign of Spring I've seen so far is one crocus in bloom and my daffodils trying to bloom. Of course since it's going to be in the teens at night this week that's not going to help!! I CAN'T wait to see the trees come into bloom ... will surely help lift my spirits! Anyways ... Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Come Fly With Me’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa B said...

This is absolutely stunning! Honestly, I think it should be framed and used as a piece of Artwork!! Gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing this with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters and for playing along with our "Come Fly With Me" challenge. And another big thank you for adding your name to our DT call. Your work is fabulous!
Happy Crafting,
Lisa
SOC DT Member

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card, Glenda, love that you are using up some paper, too! We are both hoarders, yet there is no end to buying beautiful papers! Love the scene and the beautiful green! Have a wonderful Friday!

Patricia said...

Beautiful card, love the wonderful design.
2011 .... hate to say I have some much older. Keep bringing them out, caressing and putting away again.
Crafty hugs
Patricia x

craftieodmae said...

This card is gorgeous, and you should be proud of it!! Good lick with the team, they would be the lucky ones getting you!!!!

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful card!!! Love how you added the cut out butterfly! Good luck with the deign team call too!

Mary Ann said...

Gorgeous card!!!Awesome work,love following you!!!

Lenoria said...

Beautiful card! Good luck with the design team. I am looking forward to spring also, I love the flowers and new life!!

Leslie Miller said...

That really is some gorgeous paper! It looks like something I would hoard when, really, it looks so gorgeous made into a card. A job well done, Glenda! Twice a month sounds like a good schedule, especially in the summertime. Good luck!