Monday, November 16, 2015

Blessings of the Season.....

I have been working on some Christmas cards lately...after all it is the season...right?  I purchased this Angel die from Crafter's Companion and it has quickly become my very favorite for this season.  You can back it with all kinds of beautiful colors or just use white on white with a pop of color in the sentiment. Whatever your heart desires.  I decided I would cut out the wings and fold the card so my angel looks like she is ready to fly.  It also gave me space to showcase my sentiment and a pretty little snowflake.  Even with the fold, this card will be flat enough for mailing.  Perfect for sending to friends and family.

I embossed the halo with silver embossing powder and used silver cardstock for the snowflake and the backing of the sentiment.  It looks very festive and I am very happy with the way this came out.  This die is also beautiful just cut out and backed on pretty colored paper.  The possibilities are numerous.

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Brilliant, absolutely stunning.
I just LOVE what you have done with your Angel.
Hugs
Patricia xxx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card,gorgeous die, Glenda, you are using it so well! Happy Monday!

Marisa Job said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card!! Love it!!

craftieodmae said...

Oh my WORD!!! this is gorgeous!!!!

Lenoria said...

This is gorgeous!

Darlene said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS and very mailable/quick. Awesome creation ... thanks for more wonderful inspiration! Hope you're having a good (pain free) week!

Louise Fox said...

A stunning and innovative card! Most beautiful I have seen this season!

Leslie Miller said...

This is one of the most beautiful dies I've seen this year so I'm not surprised it wound up in your hands. I love what you've been doing with it. So gorgeous with very little trouble. Love how you folded the angel. It appears as though her dress is wrapped around her like it swirled when she turned, or maybe it's blowing in a Heavenly breeze.

carefreestamper said...

Beautiful card! I was wondering if you were willing to sell this die. I'd love to have it and it's been discontinued. Please email me if you are interested. suesansoucy@gmail.com

Thanks,
Sue