Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Sunny Sunflowers..... Heartfelt Creations Wednesday.....

Good morning friends.  Welcome to my little corner of the world.  This morning I'm here to share another card I made for Heartfelt Creations. Can you tell I love Sunflowers?  They remind me of Fall and here in East Tennessee you can feel a change coming; just a hint of Fall in the air. We are still quite warm but because of dry weather leaves are beginning to come down!  It won't be long!



Products Used:
HCDP1-282 Beary Fun Retreat Paper Collection
HCPC-3626 Classic Sunflower Cling Stamps
HCD1-753 Classic Sunflower Die
HCPC-3736 Tropical Hibiscus Cling Stamps
HCD1-796 Tropical Hibiscus Dies
HCD1-7144 Decorative Medallion Die
HCST1-401 Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
#159723 Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
ANC829 Express Yourself Prills
TSMP800 Rich Cocoa Memento Ink
TSMP900 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
#PGM15015 Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear

Other Supplies:  White and Blue Cardstock, Dimensional Tape, Scor-Tape, Seam Binding, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss Distress Inks, Canson Watercolor Paper

Watch this video on making sunflowers: https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/video/75/classic-sunflower-shaping-and-stamping

Instructions:  My card size is 5 X 7.  Make card base and cover with a piece of dark blue paper from the  collection.  Cut out the medallion pieces and glue them together.  Using dimensional tape, adhere them to the card front.  Stamp the flowers and leaves and cut out,  Using the Distress inks, watercolor the flowers and leaves and then add the Prills to the centers and set aside to dry.  When dry add the Crystal Clear to the ends of the petals and let dry.  Next color the seam binding with Persimmon Distress Ink and scrunch and set aside to dry.  When everything is dry decide on the placement and glue everything down.  Tie the bow and using tape and glue, adhere it to the card front and your card is ready to go!


7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, those beautiful sunflowers and your fantastic scrunchy bow, sigh... I bought Prills because of you and now I'm wishing I had some brown. I haven't used them much and I must rectify that. Always so much inspiration to be found here!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful oval floral card Glenda! I love your sunflowers and your gorgeous ribbon!

Darlene said...

Oh my friend, I always love seeing your sunflowers! They are the best in blogland! Yes it's been a VERY hot week here in Ohio too and the trees & flowers are so confused! Trees are so dry I fear the leaves will all fall before they have a chance to change color! I have summer flowers reblooming when normally they are done for the year. Uugh! LOL Thanks for always sharing such gorgeous and inspiring creations! Happy Day to you!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

This is gorgeous Glenda! I love the colors, the perfect sunflowers and that pretty bow! Stunning!

Karan Gerber said...

love your sunflowers, but your bows are always stunning

SussiPoppins said...

Hi, this sunflowers bring sunshine to us all! Inky hugs