Friday, November 24, 2017

Four Generations of Strong Women in my Family......

Good morning everyone!  I'm so glad you got the chance to come back and check out my post on the Black Friday Release!  When Heartfelt Creations showed this journal to me my mind froze!  I was stumped as to what to do and then it hit me.....the Four Generations of Strong Women in my family.  All the women in my family are strong and have had to get past a lot of hurdles in their lives, but we all stayed true to our upbringing and our Christian lives!

The roses and leaves on this cover were made with the new Foam paper from Heartfelt Creations!














HCJB2-5004 3 Ring Journal Binder – White
HCJB1-5001 Daily Blessings Journal Pages
HCJB1-5003 Heartfelt Inspiration Journal Pages
HCDP1-270 Classic Rose Paper
HCPC-3814 Words of Encouragement Cling Stamps
HCFS1-465 Art Foam Paper
HCPC-3752 Classic Rose Cling Stamp
HCD1-7110 Classic Rose Die
HCPC-3656 Delightful Daisies Cling Stamp
HCD1-760 Delightful Daisy Die
HCPC-3785 Small Classic Petunia Cling Stamps
HCD1-7139 Small Classic Petunia Die
HCPC-3773 Flowering Dogwood Cling Stamps
HCD1-7129 Flowering Dogwood Die
HCPC-3775 Dogwood and Doves Cling Stamp
HCD1-7131 Flowering Dogwood and Doves Die
HCD1-7120 Fluer Border Basic Die
HCD1-7150 Window Box Elements Die
HCD1-7157 Large Ovals Die
HCD1-7155 Large Circles Die
TSSZ41-Timber Brown Stazon Ink
TSSZ51-Olive Green Stazon Ink
TSMP707 – Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink
TDMP800 Rich Cocoa Memento Leaves
TSMP103 Cantaloupe Memento Ink
TSMP-701 -Cottage Ivy Memento Ink
#159723 Designer Dries Clear Glue
HCST1-401 Flower Shaping KIt
ANC-829 Express Yourself Prills
ANC811 Tu-Tu Pink Prills
PGM15015 Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear
RAHT Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
#241159 Dove Blender Pen

    Other Products:  
White Cardstock Lace, Decorative Trim, Hot Glue Gun, Pan Pastels, Bling on a String, Dimensional Tape, Dandelion Memento Ink, Aged Mahogany and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

VIDEO Link Making Roses: https://youtu.be/Z8P070kC3oo
Watch video on making Dogwood flowers:  https://youtu.be/gl8RgHAt3vE
To see how to shape the petunia watch this video:  https://youtu.be/KOy_gNB9OAk
To see how to shape the Sunflower watch this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTpandFJLI&t=17s

Use your paper pack and cover the front, spine and back covers of the journal.  Also cover the insides of the front and  back  panels. I made the medallion on the front by using the Window Box Accents Die and then fussy cutting a piece of the paper collection.  Glue the two pieces together and add dimensional tape to the back to pop it up a bit.   Add all the decorations you want on the outside and then on the inside of the front cover I made a pocket so I could add more photos or other keep sakes.  Next pick out which pictures you want to showcase as well as the journal pages you want to use.  Now decide about the flowers you want to use.

When using the Foam paper for the roses, I stamped the petals and leaves with Timber Brown Stazon Ink and Memento Inks.  I colored the flowers with various Memento inks as well as Pan Pastels. Using the corresponding dies cut out the flowers and petals.  When I used the Foam paper I used the heat tool to warm the petals and leaves then I shaped and set aside.  When using regular card stock to stamp and cut out the sunflowers, petunias, dogwoods and leaves I used Rich Cocoa Memento Ink  and then I used the traditional flower shaping techniques and the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit to shape everything.  You can refer to the video links to suggestions in the shaping of each flower.

Crop the photos (I used the Large Oval Dies and the Large Circle Dies for this) and decide on the placement and then glue down flowers and do the journal page about each person.  I chose Four Generations of Strong Christian Women in my Family for my journal.  

Thanks for sticking with me until the end of this post!  I know the supply list is long but please don't be put off and not try one of these journals.  The end product is such a feeling of accomplishment!

10 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I loved reading your fabulous journal Glenda! SO BEAUTIFUL!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Glenda, what a tribute to the ladies in your family. It is surely a very special "Little Treasure". Beautiful handwriting, wonderful flowers, pretty colors and wonderful memories. We have in common being the oldest child, with a mother 17 and more like a sister many times over. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother also. The photos you used were all really stunning. You are truly blessed dear friend. Enjoy a great weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Just WOW, Glenda! How you decorated each page and how you found the time to do it -- mind boggling! Wonderful papers, die cuts, flowers galore. Incredible. And you even added the photos and journaling. Beautiful women in your family and, more than anything, I admire strength and independence in a woman. My mom always taught me to "never be dependent on a man", and I heeded that advise. Luckily I've had a good marriage, but I've still maintained my independence. Have a good weekend!

Patricia Manhire said...

These are gorgeous - what an inspirational album to do!

Janie Printz said...

Dear Glenda, what a wonderful tribute to all the strong women in your family with this beautiful journal. The papers, Dies, AMAZING foam flowers & your fabulous handwriting.... Your creation is stunning ....

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful album Glenda! I love seeing photos of grandmother, mother, daughter and you...what a marvelous tribute!

Karan Gerber said...

wonderful album dedicated to the ladies in your family.

Darlene said...

WOW! What a gorgeous and amazing keepsake! I too come from a line of strong women beginning with my Grandma Eva! What a beautiful way to showcase your family strengths! AMAZING creation ... and awesome inspiration!

SussiPoppins said...

I so love the album cover!

Unknown said...

Your album illustrates very well one use of these wonderful addition to the Heartfelt Creations products.